Member since Jun 2016 • Last active Mar 2021
  • 5 conversations
  • 27 comments

Beginner

Most recent activity

• 2 comments
  • in ESP32

Hi,

I've just got a LilyGo T5 which is an e-ink display with an ESP 32 attached.

I've got a set of Arduino libraries as I can develop for it on that, but it got me thinking about how one would port the code over to Espruino. I've read that you can compile C code to run under espurino. Is this documented anywhere? How would one even start to look at this? what tools are needed to do this?

Thanks

• started
    • 4 comments
  • in ESP32

383,002 lines sounds like a lot of effort!

I figured it might not have needed rewriting as it seems to have been designed to be integrated, and be ported to other languages. I however know almost nothing about whats involved so I think I will gracefully step back from this one!

Thanks,

Rob Smart

• in ESP32

Hi,

Has there been an attempt to port LVGL into Espruino?

It seems like a nice UI library and apparently supports ESP32.

I've no idea how to port the code over to run under Espruino, but would be interested to learn.

Has anyone got any experience of this that they could help me with?

Thanks

• 8 comments
  • in ESP32

Hi,

Yes that works perfectly, thank you very much.

• in ESP32

Hi,

Yes that was the exact issue.

The padding was causing the issue. Might be worth adding a note to the top of file so people can list the options that work for each display?

Thanks for your help,

Rob Smart

• in ESP32

Hi,

I did have a little play with those numbers and didn't notice any difference, I'll try being a bit more extreme with the values to see if they change anything.

Thanks,

Rob Smart

• in ESP32

Hi,

Yes I'm using that code. The display is 128x160.

There is a fuzzy boarder of a few pixels down the left and across the top, then the rest of the display is black with skewed text displayed.

I've tried it on a couple of ST7735S boards and its still the same.

I've looked at the source for the ST7735 module, but its a little out of my depth, nothing obvious jumps out at me.

I'm happy to post a screen to someone if they can help debug?

Thanks,

Rob

Actions