Snerkle

Member since Dec 2015 • Last active Sep 2016
  • 9 conversations
  • 43 comments

Most recent activity

• 2 comments
  • in JavaScript

I see that you've added heatshrink compression to Espruino and that the Flash module is setup to use it, but I'm not sure if that is active at the moment as I don't see the macro USE_HEATSHRINK being set anywhere.

Is it possible, and would it make sense, to have heatshrink jswrap-ed so that we could use it when playing with strings and typed arrays in javaScript?

• in Electronics

Is it worth considering hardware flow control on the usart with the ESP8266?

• in Interfacing

Funny you should mention using SPI flash, I'm in the process of investigating that as an option to buffer the incoming multipart/form-data and then parse that, saving the file parts to an SD card.

• in Interfacing

I've tried software SPI and the result is much the same. Its slower in in the first instance for each write, not as bad as half the speed of the best hardware SPI rate I can get. However it suffers delays of the same length (~0.2 sec) as in the log above with similar frequency and these delays do block the serial interrupts the same way as for hardware SPI.

• in JavaScript

Thanks @Gordon, I'll try it again with the next build you post up and see if the problems are gone.

I agree with you on the buffer size, and have now observed the same thing myself.
    I'll have a look at the status info and data structures you've mentioned.

I have been doing my own build's in a VM using your guide. One extra step was required from memory because recent releases of Ubuntu omit a package now for VM installs which is where the USB serial device mapping magic happens, I think the package is linux-image-extra-virtual that has to be installed or the USB serial device never shows up as /dev/tty.... So I can continue to play with buffer sizes that way if I need to.

I will look at how node behaves at res.end() and let you know.

Its a shame about the SD file writing occasionally blocking the incoming serial coms. I'd really hoped to come up with a working solution.

Actions