gleb.svechnikov

Member since Dec 2015 • Last active Dec 2015
  • 0 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

Thank you very much Gordon, now everything clear and it works :)

• in General

Hi everybody, I'm having same problem(A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP8266), may be someone could give a hint.
    I've wired ESP8266 with Espruino Pico using Shim v.1
    I've updated Espruino to 1v84. Using MacOS 10.8.5 and Python 2.7 I've installed PySerial 2.7 I've modified esptool.py and used following code to upload firmware.

python esptool.py -p /dev/tty.usbmodem1441 -b 9600 write_flash 0 your_firmware.bin

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP8266

OK, after that using same /dev/tty.usbmodem1441 I've connected Esprino and tested connection as it was written in reply #5:

test(Serial2, 9600, { rx: A3, tx : A2 });

gives "AT+GMR\r\r\n0018000902-AI03\r\n\r\nOK\r­\n"

test(Serial2, 115200, { rx: A3, tx : A2 });

gives "\x00"
    Should it be like this?

Also I don't quite understand instruction from(espruino.com/ESP8266):" If you don't have the Pico's new ESP8266 shim, you'll need to boot the ESP8266 into bootloader mode manually. Take 2 wires and connect one side of each to GND. Connect the first to GPIO0, while connecting and releasing the second to RST (see the diagram under 'Wiring Up' to find which pins are which)."
    I have Shim v.1 does it mean a new ESP8266 shim? Or I should I connect use wires?

Current situation with ESP8266 it blinks twice with blue when I connect and lights red all the time.

Actions