• Item one
    • Item two
    • Do something >

But I notice a lot of apps do this:

Title of My Menu

• Item One
    • Item Two
    • Do Something >

Either way would be fine with me, but having them both annoys me a bit.

Can we maybe "officially" decide on a standard? I'm thinking that could mean

• Accept PRs that fix existing texts to conform to the standard
    • Don't complain about new texts: we don't want to bother (new) contributors with stuff like this
    • (Maybe) Do complain about PRs that change existing text so it no longer conforms
    • (Maybe) Mention it somewhere as being the "preferred" style (but in no way mandatory)
  • Sounds like a good idea to get something consistent - and we can stick it in the README.md file and maybe if we have a tutorial on menus, stick it in there?

Personally I like the second option more and I think it makes it easier to see at a glance. But what do others think?

• I prefer the first option, as that keeps a nice distinction between header and content

Title of My Menu

Item one
    Item two
    Do something >

• I second the above comment.

While we're on this topic, it would be very nice to somehow establish a standard for some other things:

• side button as "back" instead of "confirm"
    • standardized haptic feedback
    • usage of screen-edge buttons as opposed to buttons near the bottom of the screen (easier to hit)

Obviously these things wouldn't be required, just suggested. The Bangle.js platform as a whole could use a slight brushing up when it comes to UX practices.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Consistent capitalisation of menu items

Posted by Avatar for rigrig @rigrig

Actions