• My Bangle.js 2 was charging over night and in the morning i found it on the following screen:

Checking storage...
    Storage is corrupt.
    Erasing storage area...

I waited for over 10 minutes but nothing happened.
    Then i reflashed the current firmware via Android nrf DFU app and now the B2 is stuck in

SW RESET
    DFU 2V12

CHECK STORAGE
    NO NEW FW
    BOOTING ...

It was stuck in this state since over 10 minutes when i decided to reset it by long pressing the button.

Now it is in

Checking storage...
    Storage is corrupt.
    Erasing storage area...

again :(

Anything i can do to get it booting again?

2 Attachments

• IMG_20220420_084405.jpg
    • IMG_20220420_083256.jpg
  • Then i reflashed the current firmware via Android nrf DFU app

So it was firmware 2v13?

Please can you just leave it on a charger on the Erasing Storage message for maybe 30 minutes doing this, just in case? Erasing storage and returning to defaults can end up taking quite a while, and I guess if it got interrupted halfway it might take some time to recover.

Either way I wouldn't panic though - it's booting into DFU and the watch firmware so it's definitely something that could be fixed in software.

• So it was firmware 2v13?

Yes i flashed current edge build 2v13.6. Before i was on some late edge build of 2v12.

The problem is solved for now as it booted correctly after second DFU reflash try.

But still not sure how the storage got corrupted over night?

• Glad it's sorted!

But still not sure how the storage got corrupted over night?

There was an issue in 2v12 where if storage got totally full, in some cases it'd compact fine and then forget to erase the remainder of flash - and that could easily have been the problem I guess. Unfortuntately it was hard to test as all the compaction tests that actually triggered a compaction before storage was full (or by writing larger blocks of data) all worked fine.

• I have the same issue except it has not resolved itself. When I try to reflash to firmware,
    I see DfuTarg listed, but when I choose the update package, it says that the status of the device is disconnected. I try to update it anyway and it fails. "35840 bytes were sent while 0 bytes were reported as received." The watch says that it was connected and immediately disconnected.
    When I reboot it, I receive the message:
    SW RESET
    DFW 2V10.219

CHECK STORAGE
    NO NEW FW
    BANKD INVALID
    BTN1 = REBOOT

All I can do is go back and forth between flash mode and this error message.

Any thoughts?

• When I try to reflash to firmware, I see DfuTarg listed

Can you still reboot to Bangle.js itself? If so, please can you just use the App Loader firmware update instructions, which are the recommended way of doing it? https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#app-­loader

If you can't reboot to Bangle.js, what device are you using to send new firmware? I know iOS devices just keep disconnecting on newer iOS releases, so you just have to keep trying and trying to complete the firmware update

• It happened to me again while wearing the watch: Storage corrupted and now erasing storage.
    I was/am on 2v13 something nightly from a few days ago.

We could need some backup/restore functionality 😀

• The app loader has backup/restore under "More" Tab

• Oh yeah thanks. I didn't see that :)

• Argh, sorry - if you can find any way to reproduce it reliably I'll look into it and try and find/fix the problem - but right now I have a bunch of Bangles running here and I can't remember the last time I had a corruption error.

Without being able to reproduce here it's almost impossible to me to figure out what's happening.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

B2 storage corrupted over night and now stuck in "Booting..."

Posted by Avatar for myxor @myxor

Actions