Bluetooth (?) stopped working

Posted on
  • My bangle started to behave strange this morning:
    It looks like the BT stack is broken.

When i connect via WebBLE IDE i see the error message "Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error?" every time. I tried to connect via Android and Linux with chromium both and the error happens on both.

Still the IDE says it is connected. When i open the storage view it shows me an empty list of files (no files at all).

App Loader reports "Device connection failed, invalid JSON".

When connecting via Gadgetbridge it reports it is connected but i don't get weather information update and it looks like notifications are transfered to the bangle.

I tried to re-flash current bleeding edge build via NRF and powered off the bangle for a few minutes - but it did not help.
    I also run "Compact storage" and "Rewrite settings" - without success.

When i boot the bangle i can see "-> null" at the bottom of the screen for a short time.

Apart of "no real bluetooth connection" the watch seems to behave kinda normal.

Anyone having an idea what i can do?

• Did you set Programmable -> Off in settings? This is exactly what you'd expect if you did that.

Also as a failsafe, try https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#rese­tting-without-loading-any-code

• Gordon you are awesome. You are absolutely right. Programmable was set to off. After enabling the setting it looks like it is working as expected.
    No idea how it was set to off though as i never go into the Bluetooth menu.

Should we add this as a question to the error message on the ide "Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error or Programmable disabled?"?

• Should we add this as a question to the error message on the ide

Well, definitely add it to the Wiki/help pages (it may already be there) but the IDE has to work with a bunch of other non-Bangle devices and the error message isn't helpful for those.

The App Loader on the other hand should do this already I think, so I wonder why it didn't in your case. I guess maybe it was thrown off by the Gadgetbridge JSON being sent?

• I added it to the wiki at https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/w­iki#faq-frequently-asked-questions

The App Loader on the other hand should do this already I think, so I wonder why it didn't in your case. I guess maybe it was thrown off by the Gadgetbridge JSON being sent?

I will investigate into this.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bluetooth (?) stopped working

Posted by Avatar for myxor @myxor

Actions