Bangle 2 HRM problem

Posted on
  • Hi,
    all HRM apps do not work on my Bangle 2. The Heart Rate Monitor (v0.06) counts down to 1 and gets stuck and also the Health Tracking App stops working when I enable HRM. The firmware was udpated yesterday.
    Any idea on this?
    TX

• Just saw that there is a small plastic foil covering the sensor. But removing it does not change anything.

• When the heart rate monitor app runs, you say it just gets stuck showing the countdown? It should start displaying a line going across the screen.

Does the green LED on the back of the Bangle light up?

What if you connect with the Web IDE? Do you see any errors when you run these things?

What if when connected you reset with reset() and then just type Bangle.setHRMPower(1)?

• Bangle.setHRMPower(1)

no, it does not light up although:

>Bangle.setHRMPower(1);
    =true
    > Bangle.isHRMOn()
    =true
    {"t":"act","stp":0,"hrm":-1}

The HRM app has no console messages, but gets stuck with "Please wait ... 1".
    Is it ok that reset() gets only the Bangle startup screen?

• Is it ok that reset() gets only the Bangle startup screen?

Yes, that's right - but just long-pressing the button should return it to working as normal.

no, it does not light up

Ok, thanks for checking. That's not great then. What if you call Bangle.isHRMOn() immediately after reset? Does it report false, or true?

• It says true, but no light

• I tried some other things, but as far as I can check it, the sensor is not working.

• I saw that at least the health tracking app requires firmware 2v11
    Is this the problem with all HRM apps? On the website (and travis master) there is only 2v10. Bit confused now...

In the log sometimes appears:

HEALTH ERR: Already written!

• the health tracking app requires firmware 2v11

That's fine, it's just that I was expecting to have released 2v11 by now. It just means it won't work on 2v10, but the 2v10.219 the watches ship with is fine.

I'll reply in email...

• I have the 2v10.219 and my health tracking app doesn’t work either. I uploaded the basic HRM app and ran it. It works and the green lights on the back of the watch light up, but the Health Tracking app doesn’t make the lights come on.

• Have you gone into settings and set heart rate tracking to 10mins instead of the default which is off.

After a hour you should see a value in the hour graph. Takes a day to log a days data for the day graphs to work.

• Yes, the health app has the HRM off by default and it needs to be enabled in settings, because right now with the firmware in its current state it does drain the battery pretty quick. Also it can make the light turn on at night if you're not wearing the Bangle, which might also be annoying.

Hopefully as the firmware improves I'll move to enabling it by default though

• Might be worth a Readme file. If I get time I will knock one up.

• Might be worth a Readme file.

There is one already that explains exactly what the heart rate setting does

• just a little information that can have its importance. I noticed that the green led on the back of the Bangle2 only turns itself on when it detects the wrist/skin over it…
    I was wondering why it was saying the hrm works even if i never got a chance to see the green light when i take the watch off my wrist

• the green led on the back of the Bangle2 only turns itself on when it detects the wrist/skin over it…

Yes, that's an addition in new firmwares :) the majority of KickStarter firmwares shipped with older firmware that just kept the LED on regardless, but 2v11 when released will turn it off automatically

• that's an addition in new firmwares

An that's a good one ;-) well done !

• After the recent update, it seems that the HRM isn’t working in the “Health Tracking” app. I understand that it has to detect skin, but I can see that the green LEDs aren’t coming on at all. Even if I set the Heart Rate tracking to “always” within the settings section of the Health Tracker. The only way the LEDs light up on my watch is by having the other “Heart Rate Monitor” app opened and running.

• Hi there, it is working fine for me.

After the recent update

Can you tell the exact Version you are on? Open the About app, and say the version and commit values there. Just so we are sure we have the same firmware before trying further debugging.

• My watch has updated to 2v11. I have also noticed another issue. No matter what time I select for the backlight to stay on, I always goes off after roughly 5 seconds. I set the backlight time for 30 seconds, 45, even 60 and it still turns off after 5 seconds.

• Again works fine for me. I would open two new topics for your issues if I were you.

• No matter what time I select for the backlight to stay on, I always goes off after roughly 5 seconds.

Try Settings Utils Rewrite Settings - that should fix it for you.

It was an issue that could happen with earlier firmwares. Installing 2v11 will stop it from re-occurring, but once you have had it happen you need to do Rewrite Settings (or just reinstall everything) to fix it

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle 2 HRM problem

Posted by Avatar for Tx @Tx

Actions