• I'm really thrilled to order the new bangle js 2. It seems like a big upgrade over the original bangle js.
    I'm wondering however what to do with my original perfectly fine bangle js.
    I was hoping to start a new thread here with projects and ideas to keep using the bangle js in other ways than a watch to keep the watch from collecting dust in a drawer

• Sounds like a great plan!

• A school friend uses his in his car as a GPS speedo and G meter
    • I have some Xiaomi plant water sensors, and I have a Bangle that shows me the levels on them when on charge: https://banglejs.com/apps/#bluetoothdock­
    • Especially on Linux it's pretty easy to script something to send data out on Bluetooth, so you could use the Bangle as a display (for instance to light up red if a build fails)
    • You can set it up as a HID keyboard and can use it for entering specific patterns of keystrokes on your PC. Need to convince your employer you are moving the mouse every minute when working from home? No problem :)

... also I should add that while I hope you'll like the Bangle.js 2 more, it's not like Bangle.js 1 will stop being supported, so it'll still stay a totally useful watch for a long while to come!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Ways to use the original bangle js after buying the bangle js 2

Posted by Avatar for kjek @kjek

Actions