Doubled Bluetooth bandwidth!

Posted on
  • Just to add that I've now merged @fanoush's awesome work mentioned here so if you install a firmware from https://www.espruino.com/binaries/travisĀ­/master/ you should now see significantly improved Bluetooth receive speeds.

The pre-release Web IDE hosted here also takes advantage of this for transmission, and I'll roll that change out to Puck.js/Bangle App Loader/official IDE over the coming days.

Please let me know how you get on, and crucially if you see any issues! A lot has changed from 2v08 so I'd like to know if anything is broken - and if not I'd like to push out a 2v09 version as soon as possible!

• Either the forum view count is broken or everybody reads just the bangle subforum :-)

EDIT: oh it just updated right after I posted this so everything is OK

1 Attachment

• Capture.JPG
  • :( At least I see 38 views at the moment - maybe it takes a while to update!

I've just updated UART.js/Puck.js and they'll go live shortly

• @fanoush I think the issue could be that the current travis builds don't actually seem to be able to be flashed by DFU. I'm working on a fix now

edit: No, they were fine - the issue was uploading a firmware after the softdevice was updated to 3.1.0 - fixed now :)

• Has anyone had a chance to look at this yet? Assuming nobody else has hit any issues it'd be good to push a release

• @Gordon Just tried it on a Bangle.js and everything seems to work fine and can connect from that pre-release Web IDE.

Has it been deployed to the App Loader? Doing "Install Default Apps" seemed a hell of a lot faster than I remember.

• Thanks! Yes, I already deployed the updated Puck.js and UART.js, so anything using those (including the app loader) should be fine.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Doubled Bluetooth bandwidth!

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions