Screen off-center...

Posted on
  • Hey all,

I got my Bangle today and have been taking it for a test run.

Unfortunately, it seems that the screen is off-center thereby making it hard/impossible to see the upper corners of the screen.

I attached a picture of me sending a test text from gadget bridge. As you can see, the "test" text is almost entirely obscured :(

Is this normal, or did I get a lemon?

1 Attachment

• IMG_20210303_180557~2.jpg
  • Well, after taking her apart (why else would I get a hackable watch, right?!) I am thinking that there is no way around this. The viewport seems too small to show the entire screen... At least with the degrees along the edge. I may investigate removing these, as I will probably never ever ever utilize them (also I could just code a digital one).

Interested if anyone has any feedback, regardless.

• yes, that's normal, they are all like that, also other watches with round shape are designed like that

• Hi - yes, the offset is intentional I'm afraid - there's not much you can do about it, although the little 'screen foil' cuts off more than it needs to.

However really the notification should pad the text out on the left to avoid it getting clipped (like it does with notifications). I'll look into that - it seems that the title itself does get padded, but if there's no title but only text in the body then it gets the alignment wrong.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Screen off-center...

Posted by Avatar for cha0s @cha0s

Actions