App Loader and windows7

Posted on
  • This question is more curiosity than a need, as I am able to use AppLoader from Android, Linux and Windows10.

But I also have lab computer with windows7 and a BT USB dongle and the native web IDE works fine.
    from this PC/OS, apps can't be installed from App Loader because the Chrome requires BLE support from the OS.

Would it be technically possible to do something similar to the native web IDE for the AppLoader?

As I said before it is more a curiosity, because i understand that probably there is not enough potential users to spend time on supporting an out of support platform.

• Technically it would, yes. I guess the thing to do would be to come up with a new 'Puck.js' library and then a native app that allowed it. The problem is, Bluetooth with a USB dongle on Windows 7 can be quite painful to set up.

However I am looking at adding an ability to share Bluetooth connections between devices - like we currently do with the 'Web IDE relay', but on a broader scale (allowing you to use an Android phone, Raspberry Pi or even ESP32). If I added that ability to the Puck.js library then everything would 'just work'

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

App Loader and windows7

Posted by Avatar for dapgo @dapgo

Actions