Never-ending buzz on notifications

Posted on
  • Anyone else have this problem? Sometimes the notification system works perfectly, but most of the time there is a never ending buzz. I have changed multiple firmwares, in case this information is pertinent.

• What clock face and other widgets do you have?

Sometimes, if something uses the clearInterval() command without arguments it'll clear all timers, including the one that stops the buzz.

• Numerals clock (sometimes the image watchface) and only the gadgetbridge widget, as too many others causes the watch to lose a lot of memory.

And yeah, I just hold button 3 to reset, I would ultimately just like it to not happen.

I haven't looked into the code of the watchface itself, so I'm uncertain about clearInterval()

• Just tried here with Numerals Clock and a simple notification and I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. Are you definitely running with the 2v08 firmware and all your apps up to date?

• I actually updated to 2v08 and it kept happening so I went back down to a previous version in an attempt to get rid of it without luck. I'll try updating again and hope for the best. Let me know if you have further thoughts.

• Okay, so reflashed the 2v08, and no change. However, I was running full screen notifications. After going back to default, no problems anymore. Any idea why? Either way, at least it's fixed.

• Glad it's sorted!

I just tried fullscreen notifications here and the buzz seems to work fine though.

Is it possible that you had been developing some code yourself which might have caused a problem?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Never-ending buzz on notifications

Posted by Avatar for PlaidFox @PlaidFox

Actions