Better Pedometer - HELP NEEDED!

Posted on
Page
of 12
First Prev
/ 12
  • I might concentrate on heart rate, that is more in need right now I think

Definitely heart rate needs some help right now. Steps are probably good enough for now. 12 months ago steps were in the same position as HRM is in right now.

• Hey there, the signal strength of the bluetooth connection between Bangle and phone is measurable, right? What came to my mind yesterday was, when I'm walking, there is a certain "distance pattern" between watch and phone most of the time. If a parameter like "only count steps if bluetooth signal strength shows pattern x" is added, could this prevent the step counting when not walking?
    Of course it would only work when the watch is connected to your phone and that phone is kind of in a fixed position, so it wouldn't cover the problem in standalone mode.

• @radswid it could work, but as you say it only works if the phone is present and connected. If you've always got a phone in your pocket, you could argue that you might as well just use that for step counting (in all but the biggest pockets fewer degrees of freedom and they pretty much all have an accelerometer). Personally my Bangle and phone are not connected unless I am uploading an app, and one of my reasons for getting a watch was to not need my phone to track run distance.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Better Pedometer - HELP NEEDED!

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions