Digital pin failure

Posted on
  • I was playing for a while now trying to get a stepper motor working with the MDBT42Q module (breakout). It worked with default wave pattern (wave) but didnt with full step. Even the default seemed a bit weak so I finally hooked up oscilloscope to the board. It turned D5 pin was busted. I checked the bare module connection to the breakout and seemed a bit skewed but the continuity is there. I cut the track on my board and used D6 and it works fine now.
    I guess I was unlucky.
    Let me know if there is anything special about D5 I maybe missed. I just configured it to 'output'.

• Hi - sorry about that, I guess it was just a bad connection - but it's rare for it to happen.

I'm afraid there's nothing special about D5... I could arrange to get you a replacement?

• Ok, I was just wondering if I should use that pin for the new board version. I have to redesign anyway. It seems its just bad luck. I dont need a replacement. Its just that one pin. It works fine with D6 and I have still plenty to spare. Thanks @Gordon!

• Thanks! But no, there's no reason why you shouldn't use D5 - it should behave the same as any other pin

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Digital pin failure

Posted by Avatar for kri100s @kri100s

Actions