Processor Temperature

Posted on
  • is it possible to read the CPU temperature on the Bangle?

• Yes - E.getTemperature() should do it I believe.

• Just thinking but how accurate would that temp be if we were able to know the rough level of CPU usage when the call is made?
    Just thinking could this be used for a rough approximation of Temp around the bangle?

• The temperature offset is uncalibrated so the absolute temperature isn't that great, but if you figure out the offset by getting the temperature when you know the Bangle's temperature then it should be reasonably good.

And easiest would be to ensure you got the temperature when the Bangle had been idle for a while and you should be ok - but even flat out the nRF52 only draws around 10mA, so it's not going to be able to warm itself up too much

• @DrBard that's basically where I was going with it - I tracked the temp overnight along with heart rate, just in case skin temp has any bearing but it doesn't...correlates more with when my heating is turned on and off so it's not bad for checking ambient temp changes, as mentioned it would need to have an offset applied for an estimate of actual temp.

1 Attachment

• temp.PNG
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Processor Temperature

Posted by Avatar for BenJabituya @BenJabituya