Corrupted UI in firmware version 2v04.99 [Resolved]

Posted on
  • The UI of the watch face seems to get corrupted ever so often after I installed this version.

{
      "VERSION": "2v04.99",
      "GIT_COMMIT": "3bd026c",
      "BOARD": "BANGLEJS",
      "FLASH": 524288, "SPIFLASH": 4194304, "STORAGE": 1048576, "RAM": 65536,
      "SERIAL": "a0cf0da6-7b6c234d",
      "CONSOLE": "Bluetooth",
      "MODULES": "Flash,Storage,heatshrink,tensorflow,gra­phical_menu",
      "EXPTR": 536883676 
    }

I am using a modified mclock app.
    Looks like everytime I connect to console or disconnect from console it logs something to the screen pushing the buffer up. This results in the next paint (on lcdPower) picking up the wrong corrupted buffer and keeps repainting it until the next corruption happens. As seen in the next image, the time is actually 1:12 am.

Initially I thought I wasn't repainting the widgets on lcdpower event hence it looked corrupted. Now after repainting the widget area, the widgets show up correctly but as you can see there is a bit of corruption above the widget as well.

My code is here
    It is based off the beta version of mclock with some modifications. I've updated how the widgets are loaded and painted as per latest version of mclock.

Reloading the app by long-pressing button 3 temporarily resolves this. (I have also lost Button 2 click so can't get to settings, but that's a different issue I believe, still digging into that).

1 Attachment

• IMG_0519.jpg
  • Thanks - yes, it's actually due to a change in the settings/bootloader that re-enabled the error logging to the LCD (because previously some apps were silently making errors and nobody knew).

It's this issue here: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/102

I'd be interested to know what you think would be a good solution (there are some options on that issue)

• Thanks for the update @Gordon. Can we have a "Debug To" settings in the settings app, can we use it to toggle the logging on to Console/LCD/None?

I see uses for log being written to the LCD when I am coding, for example currently my watch is looping "Unable to open file" and previously it was showing "File too big" [Different issue again, I'll report it separately] :-).

• Just got ver 0.06 of Bootloader app after merging from upstream and this issue is gone. So marking it as resolved. Thanks @Gordon.

• Great!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Corrupted UI in firmware version 2v04.99 [Resolved]

Posted by Avatar for PiOfThings @PiOfThings

Actions