I've a version running with new ESP-IDF V3.1 now.
Main point for Espruino is support of PS-RAM which opens the option to have 20000 jsVars, or even more.
I'm not convinced, that using V3.1 is a good step for Espruino.
We have to switch to new version of mbedtls, and size of binary raises to unbelievable 1300 kBytes.
May be, we could easily add PS-RAM support to a specific V3.0.x
Should we open an issue on GitHub for that ?
The firmware size is not that important as it’s just flash space right?
What size did we make the partitions last time we changed?
Looks like 1344k - pretty tight then!
correct, its flash only,
here are the changes, @wilberforce could you please check. I have in mind a change in WIFI, but don't remember. Something around buffers or channels ?
- commented partition in partitions_espruino.csv
- shorten path to include esp_partition.h in main.c
- esp32_neopixel.c, changed ***_PERI_REG_MASK functions(deprecated) to DPORT_***_PERI_REG_MASK functions.
- added folder crypto to /make
- created file standard handling of mbedtls
- created ESP32 specific file handling of mbedtls, ESP-IDF needs new version, Espruino core works with old one
- replaced ifdef USE_CRYPTO with includes of standard or board specific from make/crypto
- make/family/ESP32MAKE sorted LDFLAGS, removed double entrys, added entrys needed for V3.1
(smartconfig_ack, newlib/platform_include, lmesh, ld_include_panic_highint_hdl)
- jswrap_crypto.c, added ESP32-defines MBEDTLS_CIPHER_MODE_xxx, there should be a better way, but I did not find
- make menuconfig
- - Serial flasher config
- - - Flash size (4 MB)
- - Partition Table
- - - Partition Table (Custom partition table CSV)
- - - (partitions_espruino.csv)
- - Compiler Options
- - - Optimization Level(Release....
- - - Assertion level (Disabled...
- - Component config
- - - Bluetooth enable
- - - - Bluedroid Enable
- - - - - Disable BT debug logs
- - - ESP32 specific
- - - - Support for external, SPI Connected Ram enable
- - - - SPI RAM Config
- - - - - Ignore PSRAM when not found enable
- - - - - Reserve this amount of bytes 16384
- - - - Also watch CPU1 tick interrup disable
- - - - Initialize Task Watchdog Timer on startup disable
- - - FreeRTOS
- - - - Halt when an SMP-untested function is called disable
- - - Log output
- - - - Default log verbosity Error
- - - - Use ANSI terminal colors disable
- - - mbedTLS
- - - - Enable hardware AES acceleration disable
- - - - Enable hardware MPI (bignum) acceleration disable
- - - Wear levelling library sector size 512
How did you want to proceed?
Did you want to put this into the esp32 branch and then I can see if I can get a build?
My idea would be to
Anyway, I'm absolutely open for any other route.
Ok. And I can do the same branch for build tools.
Do you want to raise an issue - or I can - and put in there the make file changes for the ESP-idf and then I can see if get that compiling as a first step?
Changes are uploaded to branch ESP32-V3.1
@Gordon, could you please check, mainly changes in make to support board specific Crypto
@Wilberforce, hope you get it running with your BuildTools, please see changes in sdkconfig
More detailled description about changes is in targets/esp32/Changes_V3.1
I've added an issue in github for this upgrade. Lets use it for next steps.
Sorry for the delay, but sometimes life becomes complex
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© Espruino, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem