I've a version running with new ESP-IDF V3.1 now.
Main point for Espruino is support of PS-RAM which opens the option to have 20000 jsVars, or even more.
I'm not convinced, that using V3.1 is a good step for Espruino.
We have to switch to new version of mbedtls, and size of binary raises to unbelievable 1300 kBytes.
May be, we could easily add PS-RAM support to a specific V3.0.x
Should we open an issue on GitHub for that ?
The firmware size is not that important as it’s just flash space right?
What size did we make the partitions last time we changed?
Looks like 1344k - pretty tight then!
correct, its flash only,
here are the changes, @wilberforce could you please check. I have in mind a change in WIFI, but don't remember. Something around buffers or channels ?
- commented partition in partitions_espruino.csv
- shorten path to include esp_partition.h in main.c
- esp32_neopixel.c, changed ***_PERI_REG_MASK functions(deprecated) to DPORT_***_PERI_REG_MASK functions.
- added folder crypto to /make
- created file standard handling of mbedtls
- created ESP32 specific file handling of mbedtls, ESP-IDF needs new version, Espruino core works with old one
- replaced ifdef USE_CRYPTO with includes of standard or board specific from make/crypto
- make/family/ESP32MAKE sorted LDFLAGS, removed double entrys, added entrys needed for V3.1
(smartconfig_ack, newlib/platform_include, lmesh, ld_include_panic_highint_hdl)
- jswrap_crypto.c, added ESP32-defines MBEDTLS_CIPHER_MODE_xxx, there should be a better way, but I did not find
- make menuconfig
- - Serial flasher config
- - - Flash size (4 MB)
- - Partition Table
- - - Partition Table (Custom partition table CSV)
- - - (partitions_espruino.csv)
- - Compiler Options
- - - Optimization Level(Release....
- - - Assertion level (Disabled...
- - Component config
- - - Bluetooth enable
- - - - Bluedroid Enable
- - - - - Disable BT debug logs
- - - ESP32 specific
- - - - Support for external, SPI Connected Ram enable
- - - - SPI RAM Config
- - - - - Ignore PSRAM when not found enable
- - - - - Reserve this amount of bytes 16384
- - - - Also watch CPU1 tick interrup disable
- - - - Initialize Task Watchdog Timer on startup disable
- - - FreeRTOS
- - - - Halt when an SMP-untested function is called disable
- - - Log output
- - - - Default log verbosity Error
- - - - Use ANSI terminal colors disable
- - - mbedTLS
- - - - Enable hardware AES acceleration disable
- - - - Enable hardware MPI (bignum) acceleration disable
- - - Wear levelling library sector size 512
How did you want to proceed?
Did you want to put this into the esp32 branch and then I can see if I can get a build?
My idea would be to
Anyway, I'm absolutely open for any other route.
Ok. And I can do the same branch for build tools.
Do you want to raise an issue - or I can - and put in there the make file changes for the ESP-idf and then I can see if get that compiling as a first step?
Changes are uploaded to branch ESP32-V3.1
@Gordon, could you please check, mainly changes in make to support board specific Crypto
@Wilberforce, hope you get it running with your BuildTools, please see changes in sdkconfig
More detailled description about changes is in targets/esp32/Changes_V3.1
I've added an issue in github for this upgrade. Lets use it for next steps.
Sorry for the delay, but sometimes life becomes complex
here is the travis build with esp-idf 3.1:
@Wilberforce Is the SO_RCVBUF support still compiled in (as originally per https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/issues/1376#issuecomment-400272993)
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© Espruino, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem