• Came across this review of The Blue Pill... challenging some Arduino board(s).

It looks like the same mc as Espruino Original board, just much less Flash (64 instead of 256 Kb) and RAM (20 instead of 48 Kb).

Board quality is though not comparable at all... nor the ease of development: even though a USB socket is on the board, it is just for powering... Programming still has to happen the old fashion way via SWD - Serial Wire Debug with adaptor USB-to-Serial.

The little Flash and RAM does not allow to have the USB code resident...

• I think you'd really struggle getting Espuino into 64kb. It'll do 128k - just - but 64k is a step too far I'm afraid. It's a shame as I'd be pretty sure you can get some bigger chips in that package.

• Over time, that may change. To go after comparable Microchip as Arduino is using is the obvious goal. Btw, had forgotten to add the pic I took from Web and prepared. So here it is:

1 Attachment

• theBluePill.png
  • ...the STM32 market is obviously a well sought target, not only by board manufacturers, but also by some chip cloners: a Espruino Original board like chip a bit faster clocked (108 vs 72 MHz).

GigaDevice's GD32F3 series of 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 MCUs Selection Guide

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Other ST32F103... boards that can potentially run a 'Micro-Espruino'

Posted by Avatar for allObjects @allObjects

Actions