Pixl.js doesn't render text

Posted on
  • Hi everyone,

I've just received my first Pixl.js and started trying it out. However, it doesn't display any text at all. am I doing something wrong? I've tried a few of the examples and everything else works fine. If I try for example the dinosaur game, it won't print "Game over" if I hit a cactus.

Or a simple example:

g.setFontVector(40);
    // Draw a pattern with lines
    g.clear();
    for (i=0;i<64;i+=7.9) g.drawLine(0,i,i,63);
    g.drawString("Hello World",30,30);
    // Update the display when done
    g.flip(true);

The attached screenshot is what I see on the screen.

Can anyone help me?

1 Attachment

• 20180526_153450_HDR.jpg
  • Hi,

Yes, sorry about this - it was a bug in version 1v98 of the firmware on a few Pixls that had been sent out - I thought I had contacted everyone affected, but obviously not.

All you need to do is update your firmware to 1v99 using the instructions here and an iPhone/Pad or Android device and everything will start working: http://www.espruino.com/Pixl.js#firmware­-updates

• Hi Gordon,

thanks for the quick reply. It was my mistake, I actually had 1V97 and flashed 1V98 myself because I didn't see 1V99. Just updated and it's working like a charm. Thanks again!

Just a thought, perhaps you could help inattentive people like me my grouping the firmware files in folders by device name.

• Thanks - yes, it's not very easy at the moment. I might actually just make a page that lists all the files for that specific board type - the releases and also the 'cutting edge' travis builds, and perhaps a link to the ChangeLog.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Pixl.js doesn't render text

Posted by Avatar for wirk @wirk

Actions