New st wifi modules SPWF04

Posted on
  • I guess, it should be relatively easy to port Espruino to these modules ...
    By relatively, I mean most of the STMF4 part is already known while the wifi specific part is yet to be checked.
    And, as I am biaised in favor of Espruino versus Micropython, I do strongly believe it has to be done! That's not to talk about a new kickstarter project with a board more 'in the stream' of rpiz addon boards (or phats as some call it).

• Yes, I imagine that actually getting Espruino running (without the WiFi) would be pretty quick - then it's a matter of getting the WiFi itself working, which could be a bit problematic. I'm not sure how worthwhile it is though - the modules themselves aren't cheap at all: https://octopart.com/spwf04sa-stmicroele­ctronics-81012684

You could easily buy a standard STM32 and an ESP8266 for less money than the complete module...

However their inclusion of the MicroPython interpreter is really interesting! I wonder if it's something Damien's been involved in, or whether it's something ST has implemented on their own.

• Nowadays, 15 € is expensive compared to esp32...
    I was mainly thinking that if MicroPython runs on it, Espruino should too.
    However it seems to be locked to an hex file for firmware + some MicroPython scripts embedded.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New st wifi modules SPWF04

Posted by Avatar for asez73 @asez73

Actions