Stuck Connecting on Ubuntu

Posted on
  • I'm trying to connect to Puck using latest Chrome and Espruino App on Ubuntu 16.10. The laptop has no problem seeing the Puck and offers it as a pair-able device both in Ubuntu itself and in the pairing pop-up in the Web IDE.

The problem is that it never actually connects, it just sits there saying "connecting". I'm not seeing anything useful in dmesg. Any other suggestions for where to look for logs etc? Bluetooth dongle seems to be using a Broadcom BCM20702A0 chip and Bluez is at 5.41

(Note I also tried installing the standalone Web IDE on Ubuntu but got an error ../cpp/winnus.cpp:10:21: fatal error: windows.h no such file or directory). This is with Node 6.10.0

Thanks!

• Did you try enabling the experimental flags? http://www.espruino.com/Web+Bluetooth+OnĀ­+Linux

Also, that error with winnus - did it actually stop you from running it? Usually the build fails but it's an optional dependency, so everything should still work.

• Doh, I missed the --experimental bit! Working perfectly now.

I had to do some more fiddling with installing nw etc but the standalone one now runs too. However it can't see any ports. I'm playing with those setcap commands now.

Thanks for the help.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Stuck Connecting on Ubuntu

Posted by Avatar for conor @conor

Actions