Native IDE Issues (Windows 10)

Posted on
  • Hi,

One issue and one that I resolved that might be of use to other people.

Issue is that the native IDE quits immediately when I've (succesfully) connected to; and then disconnected from, my puck.js.

It's not the end of the world but it's a bit annoying to have to reload it each time (although I mostly don't have to connect and disconnect often during a session).

The other issue I resolved but it's probably going to annoy other people. I was having issues loading modules. The IDE seemed to be having trouble fetching them. It turned out the URL to esprino/modules was correct but the file types box was using ';' as a separator rather than the pipe symbol. Was easily fixed but I would guess that other people will hit the same issue (and ';' is a more common seperator than a pipe on windows so it's not obvious unless you read the text!) This seemed to be the default config of the app - I didn't do anything special installing it - just all defaults.

Hope that's of help to someone - and would be interested in any ideas (from Gordon) on the native IDE front.

Love my puck ;-)

David

• Thanks for letting me know - strange about the crash. So how do you make it happen? Just connect and then disconnect, and it crashes as soon as you click 'disconnect'?

Very odd about the file types too. You mean the Module Extensions? I've just checked and the default definitely is the pipe symbol - but maybe it's getting changed somehow... I'll see if it happens for me on Windows too.

• Ok, I've managed to fix the crash now - I'll update the Web IDE online with it soon.

I double-checked the module extensions on my PC though, and they're fine. Is it possible it could be something you had changed? Or what language is your PC set to? Perhaps than has some effect.

• Just vanilla windows 10 (UK English) and installed the IDE to the default path. Didn't touch the config until it wouldn't work and I was trying to understand why.

• That's really strange - have you used the Chrome-based Web IDE before? I'm on Windows 10 UK English too and didn't see this.

Does anyone else have this problem?

• Hi Gordon,

I did install it before reading the instructions and uninstalling it (the Chome plug in) in favour of the native IDE.

David

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Native IDE Issues (Windows 10)

Posted by Avatar for user71182 @user71182

Actions