• 1800 mAH
    Has two USB ports, the micro is for charging the regular powers my PICO.
    Here's a link on Amazon

amazon.com/Xtreme-Universal-­1800mAh-Power-Keychain/dp/B00JJ9PE2C

• Unremarkable specs for price. I got one like that for five at microcenter.

One really does wonder how these mfgs stay in business!

• I've got one exactly like that here (it cost around $3, delivered): ebay.co.uk/itm/262524282820

It even featured in some videos :) youtube.com/watch?v=HKEHXOSL­zCQ

However, having said that, both of mine have now died because I let them go flat. Yours might be better made, but mine had no protection circuitry on the battery so when it went flat (because the power supply seems to run all the time) it discharged the battery too much and basically self-destructed :(

It's easy enough to get inside them and check though - mine are a few years old now so I'd imagine something would have changed.

• The package claims it is pre-charged, but I had to charge it.
    A Red LED lights when charging and a Blue LED lights when it is charged.
    So it sounds like the internal circuit does discharge the battery on the shelf.
    Will investigate further.
    Nice to know it can be found at a lower price if one is willing to wait, but also nice to have a local fast source.

• Sounds just like mine (with the red/blue lights). You can ping the top off pretty easily and look inside - but if you find there is no battery protection circuit I'd be sure to keep it always charged - when mine discharged itself the battery actually leaked liquid everywhere!

Otherwise they're great little devices. The power supply doesn't shut itself off when very little power is drawn - so it can keep an Espruino Pico running just fine.

Some other battery packs I've seen don't detect the Pico as there isn't enough power draw and shut off :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

While Grocery shopping I found a battery for my PICO $7

Posted by Avatar for ClearMemory041063 @ClearMemory041063

Actions