Merry Christmas!

Posted on
  • Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your support this year - it's been a great year for Espruino! The Pico has been really popular, and a lot of you have put a huge amount of work into new modules, supporting people on the forum, documentation, sharing projects, and even porting to new platforms.

It's looking really promising for Espruino in the new year, with HTTPS, Websockets, the port to ESP8266 looking really polished, and the nRF51/52 port getting better all the time. It'll be really interesting to see what happens when 1,000,000 British school kids get the micro:bit next year and find out they can use Espruino on it too!

I'll be taking a bit of a break from Espruino over Christmas so chances are I won't be on the forum or contactable by email until Jan 4th 2016.

Hope you all have a great holiday though, and I'm looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish in the new year!

• Gordon
  • Thanks Gordon. Hope 2016 is the year Espruino goes mainstream - where it belongs. Have a good break and Christmas.

• Thank you Gordon, enjoy your break! It's hard to remember that this is a job for you :-). You tend to be more available during the week and less on weekends, when most of us have more time to play with Espruino on weekends than weekdays. Similarly with xmas: I now have a whole slew of days to focus on Espruino gadgets. You may not recognize Espruino come January! ... just kidding... ;-)

• Thanks! Yes, I know - it's a bit of a problem really - it'd be nice to be available more in the holidays, but after working on it full-time during the week I kind of need a break :)

• Hi there everyone, and a merry Xmas for yall :)

Gordon, thanks for the Espruino project, and all the work you put at it: it's been really a fun tool to tinker with, and I can't wait to see ( / help building ! ^^ ) what's coming :D

I agree with @Ollie, and Espruino is already part of "my" mainstream ;p

ps: I'd have d been happy to port the Arduino keyboard library to Espruino ( as a Xmas present for us all ^^ ), but I didn't have to do so ..
    .. so, see you next year ? ;p

Have a BIG rest, you deserve it .. and you'll be more than ready to overflow us with niceties ;p

+

• Thanks! I'm back now - it'll take me a while to get through all my emails though ;)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Merry Christmas!

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions