break;
    }

Uncaught SyntaxError: BREAK statement outside of SWITCH, FOR or WHILE loop
     at line 1 col 52
    ...Modules.addCached('SM','');break;caseĀ­'nxt':break;}
                                  ^

• Espruino Version:

1v81.149 Copyright 2015 G.Williams

• Thanks - seems like an issue with addCached resetting the state then. I'll file a bug for it.

To be honest it's really not meant to be used like that - it's literally just for loading a module in right at the start of the code. What were you trying to achieve? There might be an easier way?

• ...looks like the idea of loading moudules one after the ohter for testing purposes... does this come close? (Edited: ...obviously not)

• Hi Gordon

No Problem. I transfer additional code via xbee to my espruino's as needed.
    I tried to implement this with own local modules. Load them dynamicaly via xbee using addCached. Maybe it's better to implement it via eval.

Sacha

• @Sacha I think for the moment it might be better with eval - sorry! To be honest that's almost exactly what addCached does behind the scenes anyway.

• Will do so. Thanks.

• I've used Module.addCached successfull. Moved it temporarly out of the switch/case statment within a function. It's better than using eval. I can allways see and manage the loaded modules.

My prototype is now able to load and replace modules via xbee without interupting or reset the pico. Very nice!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Modules.addCached inside switch statement

Posted by Avatar for Sacha @Sacha

Actions