Espruino connecting to Edison over Bluetooth

Posted on
  • Using the Espruino board with HC-05 Bluetooth, trying to connect to an Edison mini breakout board over Bluetooth. Having problems - the boards will pair and connect but the connection is broken after a few seconds. I wonder if anyone has tried something similar and knows how to do it.

• @tage I have my espruino connected an edison arduino breakout serial pins and I have an issue every few minutes where the serial data would stop showing up in the Edison. I have a feeling my issue is due to the Edison going to sleep and this might be the reason why your having Bluetooth disconnecting issues. However, you mentioned every few seconds, so your issue might be entirely different.

• Can you connect to the Espruino with your phone and keep a connection? It might help narrow down which end is at fault...

• I can connect to Espruino through the HC-05 when I use my Win 7 PC and also from my Android tablet. It is just with the Edison that I am having a problem learning 'how to', so I was hoping someone with more knowledge already had the answer. there is an in depth Bluetooth user guide for Edison, but it is written for programmers. " Take this file and include the necessary changes from this other file and blabla it should work".
    By the way, my trouble with using the web IDE over Bluetooth definitely is appearing when I do not throttle the communication speed in the IDE settings. it seems to work fine when I check this box "Throttle Send". except in some cases I cannot get a working connection at all, even when using the Toshiba Bluetooth stack. I get the impression that Bluetooth compatibility is quite a mess, and software and drivers can be full with bugs.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino connecting to Edison over Bluetooth

Posted by Avatar for tage @tage

Actions