Alarming unit for controlrooms, etc.

Posted on
  • My new project is an alarming unit for Espruino.

Testing function of WebIDE is used to visualize and control testing.
    Attached is source of the project and testing file.

Testing file works with project option. Copy testing file to sub folder testing in your local project folder. Project and testing needs to be activated in options. You will find links to tours for project and testing there too.

Some short explanation about alarms in processing units.
    In technical plants you often have a board which reflects actual status of the unit. Usually there are meters and lot of lamps. These lamps can be grouped to

• alarm, something bad happened like temperatur too high
    • warning, somebody should take a look like flow is below 35%
    • status, pump is running
      Usually alarms are blinking(red) and stay blinking until pushing reset.
      Warnings do the same but have a different reset button.
      After reset alarm- and warning-lamps are on, until alarm or warning is off.
      Status lamps only show actual status and are on or off.
      Common question is "which alarm came first". Imagine having a water pump.
      This pump should not run dry, to avoid damages. And pump should not be too hot for same reason. Therefore pump shuts off if temp is too high or no flow is detected.
      This happens very fast, and you would see 3 alarms, Temp too high, no Flow and Pump off. All are comin in at same time, at least for your eyes.
      For root cause analysis you would need to know the sequence of alarms.
      All of this is available in attached source. There are some more explanations in source.
      During testing I found a bug in WebIDE(sorry, my fault), its already fixed in Github by Gordon. For now you need to use actual version from github until next rollout which may also have 1st version of compiling in, hopefully ...

1 Attachment

• You need to make the picture available on a publicly accessible server.... I'm pretty confused, but maybe the picture would make it make sense.

• @DrAzzy, thanks for the hint.
    Should be working now, copied the file to my server.
    Since my homepage is limited, I need to find a better location.

• Woah, how do you make the IDE do that? I've never seen whatever you used to put that graphic on the left side.

• Open options
    • Select Testing
      There are links for 2 tours, that will give a first introduction
    • Enable Testing Plugin
      Now switch between Terminal Window and Testing Window clicking on icon left bottom of Terminal Window
  • Cool project (and thanks for showing me a feature I did not know existed! It's actually not bad for testing and even demos/projects - yet again this project amazes me)!

• Just cool - USB connected GUI Display for Espruino...

#gui #ide #terminal #usb

• This is a really handy feature. I can't take any credit for it either - it's all @JumJum's work :)

It's a shame it's hidden away a bit, but I've been trying to keep the IDE as friendly for new users (with as few buttons) as possible - at least out of the box.

As with all this stuff, contributions are always welcome. It'd be really cool if someone could spend a while getting the look and feel to it similar to the existing Web IDE controls (part of me wonders whether there's a jQueryUI theme that's similar enough? If so it would be a trivial change).

• ...what about tied to bootstrap which has GUI component lib/CSS lib, which supports any device form factor?

• Well, it might be good if it could fit in. However @JumJum's currently uses jQueryUI (which is what the old Web IDE used). If it could just be themed it'd save re-writing all the logic.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Alarming unit for controlrooms, etc.

Posted by Avatar for JumJum @JumJum

Actions