Our New KickStarter! Espruino Pico

Posted on
Page
of 5
First Prev
/ 5
  • Some of the Node-Reders have backed Pico that includes one of the core team I think.
    I've already done a serial based NR node for EnOcean wireless.
    I make a start in the next few weeks for espruino.

// On PICO as an IO module.
    It's more than just Analog, it's all the GPIO Libraries.
    A recent RPI update killed i2c on node.js which killed 1-wire.
    Getting event drive IO working on RPI requires skill that is beyond many.

For me with Node-Red & PICO I get perfect separation of concerns.
    The former is socket oriented, the later GPIO, but both are JavaScript!

• ...Pico (that's more plug-sized) will get people's attention a bit more as an IO board.

It sure does, Espruino got me already there, but not only because of that.

How would I setup Espruino with a HTTP server and client and Browser and Apache or a like on my Laptop/Mac for duplex (not necessarily simultaneously) and have them tethered directly with USB?

Such a setup would also be beneficial for a Test environment (in the browser)... it would not have to poll anymore... it could be event driven...

• Couldn't resit ow what fun with Node-Red and espruino working in minuets, played for hours .... amazing! ok got light level & 1-wire temp going to node-red on RPI sending JSON via console.log :)

• @Gordon have you finalised the board yet ? and are you releasing the eagle files ? I'm eager to be build some shields for the microchip rn4020 ble module and maybe the hm-10.

You've mentioned your own desire to create some shields is it worth having a seperate thread/area for this ?

edit: ooops found the thread http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­259519/

• Hi Bert,

Yes, sorry - I've been a bit busy lately trying to get the kits together! Yes, it was finalised last week - lets just hope the PCBs are good when they arrive :) I'll try and get the part outlines online this afternoon - i'll post up on the other thread.

I'd actually really appreciate some help with the adaptors, so maybe we can have an area on GitHub? I think it would be painful trying to work together on one Eagle schematic, but I could probably script something up that will merge a whole load of different gerbers into one big gerber full of different adaptors that we could get printed.

• Just came across the intel compute stick - HDMI stick - not USB stick. I do not know what it does when just powered but not 'hosted' by a HDMI display device (TV). If it can auto-boot and connect wifi/bluetooth, may be remote desktop could work. What it is for sure missing: no wholes or headers to connect other hardware. An Espruino (PICO) as Beach Head plugged to the standard USB solves this issue (the other - micro - USB is then still free to get powered). Otherwise pretty 'impressive'... also the power consumption/requirement: 4 times what a standard USB can deliver at max: 2A = 4 x 500mA (some tech details). I like the Ubuntu version...

And f0r very little - street $130, you get your Espruino development environment 'piggy backing' the investment of your TV... which you may already have anyway: IView's Cyber PC - comes with the stick, keyboard, and power supply... (great review).

1 Attachment

• intelComputeStick.png
  • Yes, that looks interesting. Nice to be able to just stick a Pico in the side and then use it for measurement + control!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Our New KickStarter! Espruino Pico

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions