• Hello,

I'm from Germany and like the espruino very much! As I want to buy a suitable add-on for my B6 iMAX and a LiPo-battery I visited http://www.espruino.com/Battery.

Even though I have questions:

• Is the "Parallel Charging Balance Board for Lipo LiFe Li-ion IMAX B6 Battery Charger DIY" suitable for the JST PHR-2 2 Pin connector battery?

(Link to ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parallel-Chargin­g-Balance-Board-for-Lipo-LiFe-Li-ion-IMA­X-B6-Battery-Charger-DIY-/191142911532?p­t=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=i­tem2c81015e2c)

• Can someone suggest me a BATTERY-LIPO1400mAh (or even better a suitable search string for ebay) like the one from olimex.com on ebay, as I want to save shipping costs?

Many thanks in advance,

Stefan

• I don't have any specific links to batteries on eBay, but you could actually just solder a PHR-2 connector onto a phone battery. I've done this a lot and it works very well.

I don't think the Parallel Charging board will work (but I could be wrong) - I think it requires at least two cells (on a 3 pin connector) rather than one.

I actually soldered up my own adaptor to charge the batteries from the B6 - just a Male PHR-2 connector and two leads...

• Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much for the infos!

How did you manage the connection to the B6, as there are special connections required? So what have you used as "two leads" --> for B6 you need a "Banana Plug" for the direct connection? And is it correct to use a Male one, not a Female for the charging wire? I think the male is at the batteries...

Would instead ebay or progressiverc also fit for B6? They look quite suitable for me.

To build a PHR-2 connector, you need a

Sorry for the noob questions ;-) (soldering is no problem for me), but I want to have all the parts I need altogether for an order.

Kind regards,

Stefan

• The two links you sent for ebay/progressiverc both look perfect - that's exactly what you need.

And yes, to build the connector you just need 2x contacts and 1x housing. I actually crimp the terminals by hand using thin pliers (rather than a special crimp tool) and then I just put a small dab of solder on.

• I've soldered my first battery clip yesterday. It worked great, so I'll try it out with different types of batteries. Especially your advice to only use small dab of solder is important. Attached, I've taken a photo of the result.

1 Attachment

• jst_phr-2.jpg
  • Hi Stefan,

That's great! It's a really handy connector :)

• Heh. The video seems to show Magician's hands with all those moves. Still waiting for something to vanish/appear. Now you see it... :)

• Stefan, I'm also about to solder a battery pack to a power plug but I don't know the polarity. I assume that the red wire is positive and the black one is negative. Can you confirm that? Thanks!

• Red should be positive, black negative - however the battery connector is reverse voltage protected so even if you wire it up wrong it'll be ok.

• Thank you!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

[solved] suitable charger and battery with B6 iMAX

Posted by Avatar for Stefan @Stefan

Actions