Can't connect Espruino on PC or Mac

Posted on
  • I have two Espruino boards, one which worked at some point on my Windows 8.1, because I was able to flash the new firmware onto it. However, now when I plug either of them into the Mac or the Windows 8.1 machine, neither of them load. It is not even recognized at all on my Windows machine. However, when I press the reset button, the LED flashes and stays on for as long as I hold the reset button. I have all the drivers installed as well.

• Have you tried the steps here? http://www.espruino.com/Troubleshooting

Try the first step and see if you can get a pulsing blue LED.

It's entirely likely that it's just the micro USB cable you're using now. Perhaps you could try another. So many people have had problems with theirs that I've lost count!

• Ah yes.. all 3 of my microUSB cables weren't working properly, probably just bad quality. Got everything working, thanks!

• There exist charging only cables, and these look just like normal cables, and are never marked. They come with devices that use usb for charging, and we then put the booby-trapped cables in with our normal ones, assuming they're the same.
    I've also seen (a disturbing number of) usb cables where the+5 and ground wires had ~3 ohm resistance - call it a data only cable....

And that's before considering possible damage to the cable.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Can't connect Espruino on PC or Mac

Posted by Avatar for user6363 @user6363

Actions