You are reading a single comment by @Kim and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Sleep mode is available on the STM32 chip (very low power, but ALL DATA is lost from RAM). It is not currently used in Espruino (see Other sources of Power Draw below for why not).

I assume you mean Stop mode is available ... ?

• such a bit problem* -> *such a big problem*

• because the Bluetooth module draws 30mA when active*
      Could you add information on how to reduce this power? Can we write to the pins to put it to sleep? Maybe at a word on how to enable the sniff mode, as that will reduce consumption to about 2mA? See also http://www.edaboard.com/thread267303.htm­l as you may in fact need to change the query duration. I don't have a good enough energy meter to test these things, so someone else would need to go through the trouble to figure out how you can save quite a bit by altering the settings of the HC-05 module.

There are no current results for deep sleep.

Adding a glow light with variable duration and brightness might be a very good idea, consumption-wise. Something like Math.pow(Math.sin( ..), 3) will reduce power consumption by about 60% while giving a nice glow. Brightness could push this down even further.

Any ability for a reduce speed mode where the clock speed is lowered, e.g. like the micro Python board?

It would definitely be interesting to see how low the board can go with all these things combined, e.g. have bluetooth on there where you can still communicate with the board, have a light flashing and have input (e.g. BTN1) working. I think this is also a fairly reasonable use-case. If you have the Espruino disconnected from USB you either are going to use it for the wireless capabilities, or to have it lay dormant and react to e.g. someone passing by to turn on the lights. The last use-case is pretty self-explaining, but the first use-case would definitely benefit from squeezing out as much of the savings as possible. Just my thought though :).

About