You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @JumJum - I'll be trying to add support for different pins for WiFi (and every GPIO on the new board is 5v tolerant), so you should be able to solder the CC3000 on anywhere as long as you wire up gnd + vcc. I just mean the standard Adafruit module.

On the existing board, the pinout was arranged such that you can solder the CC3000 straight on with only 2 extra wires needed - gnd + vcc.

@DrAzzy the chip is the F401, so it's 3 SPI, 3 I2C, 2 Serial, ~8 analog in, and PWM on almost every pin. By printed USB, I just mean something like the DigiSpark. It's not fantastic, but it makes the board really thin, doesn't need a cable, and it won't ever snap off :) It also means you'll be able to just push it into a mains adaptor/battery pack for power.

No built-in Micro SD I'm afraid - you'd have to solder something on for that.

@d0773d - I don't know about timings yet... I guess when I get the first prototype back and assemble it I'll have more of an idea. I'd hoped for the beginning of September, but everything has gone a lot more slowly than I'd expected so I doubt I'll manage that now. Maybe mid-september.

• No built-in Micro SD I'm afraid - you'd have to solder something on for that.

I'm a little bit excited for the Espruini.

(note - if you do rtclick -> view image, you'll get higher res version which you can zoom)

Just a bit. (keep in mind that I can't test it, since the change to move around pins for FS isn't in)...

(the SOIC8 pads are for an AT25 SPI EEPROM. Will be getting one and adapting the AT24 module to do AT25. Usually less useful than AT24, since it needs 4 pins vs at24's 2, unless you've already got stuff on SPI hanging around the same area - in which case you need only run a CS line to it and connect it to the bus)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started