You are reading a single comment by @tom.gidden and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • It might just be that I'm missing something. I've got about five HM-10's still in their bags for the same reason.

If you do manage to get the HM-10 doing more than basic iBeacon-type advertising, please do write it up. I'm sure it's possible to get it acting somewhat like an HC-05 as far as the serial port's concerned, but I didn't have much luck there either.

I was specifically wanting proper service/characteristic BLE functionality (for constructing, say, a heart-rate monitor), which neither the HM-10 or the RFduino seem to do very well. The 51822 is far more capable, but it's a much bigger job as you're writing a proper application with no Arduino/Espruino-like abstractions.

Getting the NRF51822 to run Espruino code directly is well outside my capabilities, to be honest. Instead, I'm looking at using the 51822 as a peripheral for just doing the BLE work, while the Espruino board does the proper intelligent stuff.

About

Avatar for tom.gidden @tom.gidden started