You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • At one point I had been chatting to the RFduino guys, and I think mbed has a board that uses it too.

Basically: yes, I'd be pretty sure it will work. Actually getting Espruino running should be pretty easy, and while you're a bit limited with 16kB, you can still do an awful lot.

However the issue is support for I2c/SPI/PWM/Serial/Timers - that's something that's taken me a huge amount of time with Espruino/STM32, and is basically something that will need re-writing if you move away from STM32.

A few things to watch out for, from what I've gathered about it:

• The CPU is partially used for bluetooth. I believe there's some kind of RTOS that needs to run, so I guess that will take up some of the ROM and RAM too
    • I heard that the bluetooth also takes absolute priority, which makes it hard to do anything timing critical - for instance you may have a timer firing off an interrupt to do something, but if the ARM is sevicing bluetooth then that'll get put off until a lot later. It's possible the situation is better now though.
About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started