NUCLEO-F401RE support ?

Posted on
  • Hi,
    There is a nice board supporting 512KB of flash and 96kB of SRAM
    http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM11­6/SC959/SS1532/LN1847/PF260000

Do you consider to support this board?
    MAybe it's not a big deal as the STM32F407VGT6 is already supported...
    Thanks,
    Bogdan

• I didn't (to be honest it's hard enough trying to make sure every change I make works on each of the boards at the moment!). It's a nice board though and it shouldn't require much more than adding a new BOARD.py file - if someone wanted to commit the necessary files for support then I'd be happy to include them and add a compiled binary to the zip.

• OK. Thanks. Once I buy it I will follow your advice

• Hi
    Finally did someone suceed in running Espruino on this board?

Regards
    Michel

• @Michel
    For now I switched to pure C (Keil IDE). You can debug programs in RAM without having to reprogram the STM32 (nice feature working on Keil).
    The ST released CubeX GUI-based peripheral configuration tool which allows to setup peripheral without deep knowledge about internal registers of the STM32. It simply gererates basic code to deal with clocks, GPIO, etc. You can only focus on your project then.

• I would like support for the stm32F401RE. I would buy the espruino, but I would need to solder some female headers on, and I would need to re-write code to work with my Arduino shields. I think you should offer a premium version of the Espruino IDE for $4.99 on the chrome store. This premium version would have support for the STM32 Nucleo series (and discovery). This way way you get some money, and I don't need to buy another board when I already have 10 similar boards. I would also work on this for free if you wanted to give me some guidance on how to get other hardware to be compatible with the Espruino IDE.

• Hi - I've just answered this for you in http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­256733/

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

NUCLEO-F401RE support ?

Posted by Avatar for BogdanG @BogdanG

Actions