You are reading a single comment by @user141569 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Well, the battery did run down quickly while the watch was bootlooping, but that was probably because of the backlight being on and the CPU being active for several hours straight.

In a way that's probably the best thing that can happen - the battery gets run down more quickly, the Bangle gets warmer internally and dries itself out quicker :)

But it's definitely worth giving it time - even if the Bangle comes back to life it doesn't mean it's 100% dry inside, so long term it's better to give it a good long time to dry out.

I'll reply in http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­378470/#comment16640058 in a second, but if you do end up having to replace the Bangle I'm very happy to offer a discount. I don't think I should lose money replacing a water-damaged Bangle when the docs say no swimming, but I also don't want to profit from your misfortune :)

• In a way that's probably the best thing that can happen - the battery gets run down more quickly, the Bangle gets warmer internally and dries itself out quicker :)

Is the heat from the CPU and backlight really that significant?

But it's definitely worth giving it time - even if the Bangle comes back to life it doesn't mean it's 100% dry inside, so long term it's better to give it a good long time to dry out.

I guess I shall heat lamp it more. It's just hard to be without my watch for that long.

I'll reply in http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­378470/#comment16640058 in a second, but if you do end up having to replace the Bangle I'm very happy to offer a discount. I don't think I should lose money replacing a water-damaged Bangle when the docs say no swimming, but I also don't want to profit from your misfortune :)

Thanks for the offer. That sounds pretty fair to me. I'm going to keep my Bangle for now, but if it dies I'll let you know.

About

Avatar for user141569 @user141569 started