You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I've been trying to think of a nice way of doing popups (where something goes over the screen, but we can restore the background after it's gone). I now have something that I reckon is pretty flexible:

In cutting edge builds (2v14.125 and later) Bangle.setLCDOverlay(img,x,y); allows you to overlay a transparent image over the top of the screen contents. You can create that image using a Graphics instance if you want to. Apps underneath can keep updating and the overlay is still drawn on top of them.

When you do Bangle.setLCDOverlay(); the overlay is removed and everything keeps being rendered as normal.

For instance if you want homer over your app:

var homer = require("heatshrink").decompress(atob("n­Fa4kBwH+///vvvx9j4HcgkhwHUoHM8HkgHl0Hcom­bkHE0HUsH+sHUiIAQmYSRAA0TmYABmIaZDgQ7UDQ­geEGyQTCHYw2RHZIaOh3u8DdByYyBHIJBFABMQfQ­0O8I6BDAI4MDQ4dDDYQ7CDSYAB2ZQCKhQaLDYM7D­ZY2MDYM9gIbKDRgbCgAbJGxqLBn0AgIbWhszmAEB­DZBSNhcz6DHEGyUAhMz8A7CDao7FKSg7G8IbYAAL­iBKSwb6gBuZDfpuWDYgaWDYY2XDYYaXDe8BN4ciA­AIbXDQQcUDYUSDYkgBYMCAogbMDQg4CDQQcNGw4A­IDhQbQPBRSIDZsN6BuLKhuznobYhMznY6B2IbRKg­fjmczgHTmIbEktSDZwaBmfuAQIbEqtVDZsLDYXTD­YbDCDZBAEDYOTme9DoQbFKZAkEgEOCwKMBDYiMLD­YsDmc+OIUxAII4EAA5ADYYJqByAbCiIbDiLsDgEC­b5PTbgIfCDYkQDYkAUxMN6ADB9b5BDYYaFDZQAEC­4MTDZJUGKQIbHAAYMGDgoaHDZwcDDREBDYqLGABw­cGDahUGiOZAAmYxGJ8A4QDQuZxAABDhgaDjIaIAA­NJC43t7wbLDQmEomeDYuXvobFNgwaEolIKovXDZQ­aHolKpwbEs5TFKQYaExAaD1WkRxAbGDQ9E1QAByD­DKDYSHGDQlmtLCKNhQaC01mtRUFfQiHKDQYABKgg­ZDAAKHKDQlmtwbJDRRsBAAVv/IbNUQwaDs3/DZMY­Q5YaD//9DZAaQ/9/DZSiKNgIaB+4bLQ5W754aBu9­2N5KHKt/L3gaBu90fRERDRNn5e73YaBu95DZMUQ4­1n5gZBDYl+DZIABDINvu/MGYQAC3gbCoAbLAAIXE­AAXM44bC8AbUDIZuFDZUbDRN3yAbOHAfMDIl35Ia­EcAwAF///DQo2GDZkXDIt8twaGDZcRo4aEpwaHDZ­kOztnu3ZzwaIRhcRCpIb/DbKMDA"))
    Bangle.setLCDOverlay(homer,24,24);

So hopefully when 2v15 comes out you'll be able to have popup widgets done in a nice way, and it should open the way for a bunch of other stuff too.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started