nested Layouts

Posted on
  • I would like to use the layout library to make nested menus. When i do this:

var mainMenu = new Layout( {
      {type:"btn", label:"A", cb:l=>{mainMenu.clear();AMenu.render();}­}
    }
    var AMenu = new Layout( {
      {type:"btn", label:"something", cb:l=>{}}
    }

it shows menu "A" when i push the button, but the buttons from mainMenu are still active. Is there a simple way to completely remove a layout from screen?
    Also, i would like to change a value via the graphical menu, but without actually displaying the menu. Is there a way to do this? I could just use the menu interface, but it is difficult to use wearing gloves.

• When created, the 'Layout' object 'grabs' user input from the screen. What you'd need to do is just create a Layout object as and when you want it rather than trying to keep them in RAM all the time (it's also better for memory usage):

function showAMenu() {
      var AMenu = new Layout( {
       {type:"btn", label:"something", cb:l=>{}}
      });
    }

var mainMenu = new Layout( {
      {type:"btn", label:"A", cb:l=>{showAMenu();}}
    });

Also, i would like to change a value via the graphical menu, but without actually displaying the menu

I don't really understand what you're asking here... You can change the values in the object you pass to the menu and then I think E.showMenu returns and object that has a render function in it you can call to update.

• When created, the 'Layout' object 'grabs' user input from the screen. What you'd need to do is just create a Layout object as and when you want it rather than trying to keep them in RAM all the time (it's also better for memory usage):

Thanks, will try that!

I don't really understand what you're asking here...

Here is an example, i basically want to go from the main menu to the adjustment page without the intermediate menu. Is there a way to do that?

var Layout = require("Layout");
    var a=50;

var adjustA = {
      '< BACK>': initMainMenu,
      'A': {
        value:  a, min:0, max:100, step:1,
        format: function(value) {
          return (value);
        },
        onchange: function(value) {
          a=value;
        }
      }
    };

function initMainMenu() {
      var mainMenu = new Layout (
        {type:"btn", font:"15%", fillx:1, filly:1, label:"adjust A", cb:l=>E.showMenu(adjustA)}
      );
      g.clear();
      mainMenu.render();
    }
    initMainMenu();

3 Attachments

• screenshot (2).png
    • screenshot.png
    • screenshot (1).png
  • Ahh, right! That's an interesting point. I don't think there is a way to do that at the moment.

If E.showMenu exported the scr object then I guess you'd be able to do m=E.showMenu();m.select(menuItemIndex); but right now I don't believe it can be done

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

nested Layouts

Posted by Avatar for RaoulDuke @RaoulDuke

Actions