• Hello!
    I am working on a Bangle JS 2 app for tracking and monitoring a user's health.
    For this, I have made a screen with three main options, i.e., Walking, Jogging, and Cycling.
    I have also implemented three separate screens for walking, jogging, and cycling. Is there a way of implementing the touch screen in a manner that when we touch on a certain section of the screen it leads me to a particular section of the code?
    Let's say if touch the top 1/3rd portion on the screen, it should lead me to the part of the code which has the walking sub-activity and when I touch the bottom third of the screen it leads me to the cycling sub-activity.

Basically, I wished to enquire if I could divide the screen into "parts" with different portions of the screen leading me to different options.

Thank you in advance!

4 Attachments

• Activities (1).jpeg
    • Cycling (1).jpeg
    • Jogging (1).jpeg
    • Walking (1).jpeg
  • One way I've done this is to read the position of the users touch point and use if-statements to choose between entries.

Something like:

if (50 < event.y && event.y < 100) { open first entry }
    else if (100 <= event.y && event.y < 150) { open second entry }

I've done this here in a custom setUI (line 106) starting on line 117.

• Thanks a ton!
    I shall look into this.

• Shouldn't this be easy with the layout library? Just create 3 buttons, vertical layout.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Dividing screen touch interface for multiple options in Bangle JS 2

Posted by Avatar for pranjal @pranjal

Actions