Useless machine

Posted on
  • My first project is a wee bit useless 😆

1 Attachment

• Actually nice! :)

1 Attachment

• unknown.png
  • Thank you :D

• @TheLogan I actually think it is a cool project. Would you mind sharing some more details about the used hardware, software, and maybe the wiring?

• Thank you, certainly I will.
    The following image is the "guts" of the project

It's rather simple really, 2 MG90S tower servos are driven directly off a pico board, and powered with a 9V rechargeable battery. The battery can either power both servos and the Pico or just the servos if the Pico is connected to a PC.
    Nothing is soldered as I'm still playing around with it.
    The "servo arms" parts are just quick mockups that were 3D printed, they weren't perfect so I just used a lighter to reshape them a bit.
    The servos are stuck on with double-sided tape, it's very much still in the prototype phase, so nothing has been soldered or in other ways permanently fixed in place xD

The code is also rather simple. I use the typescript project template that can be found here
    https://github.com/stasberkov/espruino-t­s-quickstart
    As my base for the project, I ran into a few issues, for some reason I'm not allowed to put my files in subfolders, which is why they are all just in the root src folder, also I sometimes have to go in and change
    require("somefile") to require("somefile.js"), though if I set .js as default I always have to go in and remove it from the built files (which is a bit confusing ... xD)

All of my code for the project can be found here, it too is subject to change (a lot) xD
    https://github.com/TheLogan/UselessMachi­ne

• That looks great! This is the sort of thing I'd originally developed Espruino for (not watches!) so it's really nice to see projects like this :)

• Thank you, I'll share my next project soon (once it works xD ), a wearable talking hat with servo motor to move the mouth :P

• This is a boutique "oddity" gift. There's a market for that....

• They are rather simple to make so that may actually be an interesting idea.

• @TheLogan
    are there any news (even bad news) about your talking hat ?

• Well.. one piece of news is that I am really great at starting projects, many projects, even when the previous projects are not done yet, but I guess that's more of an olds than a news xD

The hat is sort of half complete, it has a mouth that can move, and a nose LED that can blink, but audio seems a really daunting task, so I ended up procrastinating with other projects xD

• Well.. could be me ;-)

May be, this can help for audio output http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­363093/#comment15963863
    I used it for some simple speech, but it can be used for sound, music etc.
    last not least its cheap.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Useless machine

Posted by Avatar for TheLogan @TheLogan

Actions