• Hi! I got a banglejs2 for Christmas and I'm having a blast playing with it and following the tutorials! Thank you, Gordon and thank you everyone who has contributed an app. :)

Speaking of the latter, I'm using the awesome LCARS clock, but I can't seem to get to the settings menu for it. I go to the launcher and launch "Settings", I open the "Apps" submenu, and I see an entry for stuff like "Launcher" and "Pedometer", but there is no entry for "LCARS Clock".

I've looked at the source code for LCARS in github and I can see that it does have a lcars.settings.js file and I see what looks like the correct entries in the global apps.js file, at least it looks correct based on the tutorial code I read about adding a settings function to your app. But, for some reason, it is not showing up under the "Settings" on my watch.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong on my watch?

Thanks!

• You don't see anything in the Espruino IDE's console, right?

• Hey there!
    Which version of the app loader are you using? Looks like the settings were only added in the last couple of weeks so the main app loader is a version or so behind.
    Try the development one it'll install what you'll see in GitHub https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/#l­cars

• Hi there,

which version do you have on your bangle? It must be at least 0.07 for the settings. The PR for the latest version, where I included health graphs etc. on a second screen, is pending - so in a few days it will be available :)

I can also enable the app store for my fork, then the latest version can directly be installed from there. Nevertheless, I prefer that users install it from the official store because then the PR and source code is reviewed :)

• Btw. you can also upload the files lcars.app.js and lcars.settings.js file using the webide directly from my fork bypassing the store (https://github.com/peerdavid/BangleApps/­tree/master/apps/lcars)

• Thank you! I will try the above suggestions.

• I LOVE this LCARS watch, but wondering why the dependency on this elusive wpedom app? I finally found wpedom in your github (I'll have to figure out how to get it onto the bangle) but why not allow LCARS to read the watch's steps from Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps as some widgets do? And/or why not include the wpedom app on the bangle app loader?

• And/or why not include the wpedom app on the bangle app loader?

If I'm not missing something there is!

I think the confusion is that the widpedom is sometimes called wpedom.

• Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps has some (minor) drawbacks (e.g. zero after reboot). So I started using the widpedom widget which has the id wpedom. And the widpedom widget is already included in the bangle app loader.

But still a fallback to Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps would be nice. I will push an update soon.

• Update: I will also update the README of lcars and use the name of the widget rather then the id -- I hope this clarifies things a bit further :D

• Thanks for the help, it's great to have the steps working and hiding the top row widgets with the beautiful fullscreen mode.

I had seen the names widpedom and wpedom mentioned, but couldn't find any such apps, so I thought maybe they were a deprecated dependency.
    It sounds like apps have an ID which isn't the same as their name, is there a reason the IDs for apps aren't searchable in the app loader page?

Ok, so let's say I want to pull the number of steps from widpedom rather than Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps how would I do that?

• I just implemented this for LCARS: If widpedom is installed, steps are used from this widget. If not then the Bangle health status is used.

If you want to read steps from widpedom with js you can call WIDGETS.wpedom.getSteps(). But ensure that widgets are loaded before this line is called...

• Awesome, thank you!

• After a day of ordinary use, I'm finding that the widpedom app is only counting about a third as many steps as other widgets that use the Bangle.getHealthStatus("day").steps count. I appreciate you including both options in the latest LCARS update, and I intend to follow your lead on that in apps that I'm working on.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

I'm having trouble accessing app settings for the LCARS clock.

Posted by Avatar for crow_t_robot @crow_t_robot

Actions