You are reading a single comment by @ChrisS and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @ChrisS yes, there will be some people like that... However I'm sure they probably use AdBlock/similar so I doubt analytics will put them off writing something here if they care so much about this change.

There's an argument that using something that a lot of other projects use (like GitHub discussions) is preferable to the current solution, as people who care will have likely already found a solution they are happy with for accessing GitHub (burner accounts/etc).

• I doubt analytics will put them off writing something here if they care so much about this change.

People who avoid this forum will most probably not see this thread.

people who care will have likely already found a solution they are happy with for accessing GitHub (burner accounts/etc).

The people I know of think different about this. Microsoft collects a lot of data from a lot of users. E.g. with each Windows version they collect more data from their users. The question is: Do we want to support such a company by using their platforms? Not everyone wants this and burner accounts don't help in this case.

I think I understand the reasons for using GitHub discussions but I am nevertheless a bit sad about this move.

About

Avatar for ChrisS @ChrisS started