You are reading a single comment by @GrandVizierOlaf and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I didn't try that no :)). My problem is that I don't even need to select the content of a box to trigger that reaction, if I just scroll it (without selecting it) it cleans everything else. It makes the setting of the boxes very difficult.

• @Gordon this is because the if check is happening in onchange, which is triggering even when the value isn't submitted.

Edit: I was looking at master and not the RELEASE_2V12 tag for this analysis, which might still be true for master, but does not apply to this discussion. RELEASE_2V12 analysis appears below.

master

If I'm reading it correctly it looks like there is a discrepency in E_showMenu_Q3.js where if the list is short it will use Bangle.setUI directly with updown and it will only call item.onchange when an item in the list is selected (dir is not set in the Bangle.setUI cb), but E.showScroller fires select (and therefore E.showMenu's item.onchange) every time the scroll position is updated.

RELEASE_2V12

E_showMenu_Q3.js will trigger onchange every time the menu calls move.

If that analysis is correct it would be nice to rectify it and have two functions, one for as the item scrolls and one for as the item is saved. For RELEASE_2V12 it would be straightforward to leave onchange where it is called within E_showMenu_Q3's move and add something like onsave to the else where the selection is made, but for the code in master it's not as straightforward.

About