You are reading a single comment by @Mi and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks @Fteacher, I was able to duplicate the issue and have opened a PR.

I am very interested in the HR alarm and think it would be relatively straightforward to turn the hralarm widget (by @halemmerich) on and off much as the recorder widget is today. I do not yet have a external HRM to test with, do y'all have any recommendations or know what to stay away from?

@Gordon you mentioned in the original run notifications PR that you didn't want to add too much to exstats, but I was thinking it would be nice to be able to add calories burned using one of the estimates available. There are a few mentioned in the answers to this stackexchange question and we have access to speed and even grade with a little math, but could also take in the user's weight and combine it with METs or their weight and age and combine it with their HR. Do you have thoughts about that?

• I do not yet have a external HRM to test with, do y'all have any recommendations or know what to stay away from?

I can confirm that Polar H10 works like a charm. In addition to HR it also provides PP-Interval which is also stored by recorder (and used by HRV app).
    H10 also provides medical grade ECG signal and has an ACC (eg for respiratory movements, steps,...) No bangle app for those yet, but its available via GATT Bluetooth, so should be not too big a problem to include. I do get it in desktop already.
    Only disadvantage is price in my opinion, so if its only about HR, there are sure cheaper alternatives.

About