• I found myself several times at the beginning of the outing in nature without a data connection and unable to send AGPS information to the smartwatch.
    How can I send AGPS data to bangle2 without data connection?
    Anyone know an android app that allows you to do this?

Thanks.

• The AGPS data is updated all the time, so if you're ever away from a network connection for more than 48 hours it's useless.

What did you have in mind? An Android app that automatically downloads and caches the latest AGPS data whenever it's available? It's been requested that Gadgetbridge automatically loads the latest AGPS data onto the watch, and I guess that could be a good solution

• My interpretation was that @uname wants to generate AGPS data in the correct format using his phone. Maybe by using the phone's GPS as a source of data?

I think it is technically possible, but I am pretty sure nobody has implemented it. It doesn't sound easy.

• Thanks for your answers.

Yes, my idea was to have a silly app on android that sends AGPS data to the smartwatch before starting the trail or run.
    The problem now is that you need the data connection to load and start the app to send this information.

Certainly if gadgetbridge did it would be perfect, you don't need connectivity other than bluetooth to our bangle.

• You'd still need the phone to have a data connection for GadgetBridge to download the AGPS data (unless someone worked out how to do what I mentioned above).

• ok, i was missing this, thanks @myownself

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

How can I send AGPS data to bangle2 without data connection?

Posted by Avatar for uname @uname

Actions