IDE and app loader error

Posted on
  • Although my watch hasn't changed, for Bluetooth purposes something has changed its name in the IDE and app loader to "Bangle.j" --- which is then not recognized. What's the fix? (Non-developer here, sorry.)

(Occasionally I get a message "You have pre-1v96 firmware," which is incorrect.)

• Although my watch hasn't changed, for Bluetooth purposes something has changed its name in the IDE and app loader to "Bangle.j"

I think probably you installed the iOS app? It has to advertise a bunch of extra info to be recognised by an Apple device, and that means there's not enough room for the full name.

Normally the IDE/App Loader should still be able to find it eventually using the UART service that's advertised in the 'scan response' packet though, so I'm not entirely sure why your computer isn't finding it. Have you tried any other device? It's possible your iOS phone is now staying connected to your Bangle and stopping you from connecting to it.

To get to back 'to normal' so you can connect, just follow https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#reseĀ­tting-without-loading-any-code (pressing the button for ~20s)

Occasionally I get a message "You have pre-1v96 firmware," which is incorrect.

This'll happen when the IDE has connected and but can't get a reply from the Bangle with the version number. It could be the clock face you have is taking a long time to execute or something like that?

• Thanks for that. Resetting the watch had to be combined with restarting the computer, to enable recognition. ("Don't scoff, just turn it off.") I've now uploaded the app manager.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

IDE and app loader error

Posted by Avatar for Numerist @Numerist

Actions