Gadgetbridge/Android Integration App

Posted on
  • OK, hopefully, I am missing something simple...

I have been using the Gadgetbridge android app (not the one from the play store) with the GadgetBridge widget on my Bangle2. Then I saw that it was no longer recommended, and there was a new Android Integration app. So I uninstalled the Gadgetbridge widget and installed the new one. Now the app on my phone says it is connected, but it no longer notifies messages and when I try "Find Lost Device" it says the Gadgetbridge isn't on my watch.
    I have the messages widget and the latest version of the Gadgetbridge app on my phone?

In the meantime I have gone back to the Gadgetbridge widget and it seems to be working fine.

Any suggestions that I can try?
    Thanks

• Did you try removing the watch from the Gadgetbridge app on your phone, and pairing it again with the Android integration app installed on the watch (and Gadgetbridge removed)?

• I've deleted it from the GadgetBridge app on my phone and re-paired it, and it still doesn't work.

• OK, some advice from Reddit seems to have worked:

I too had an issue with this when I initially switched. What seemed to fix it for me was using the "Install Default Apps" option from the app loader and then reinstalling the apps I wanted. Not an ideal fix but it's my goto solution when things act a bit funky with my bangle. I guess it makes sure everything starts with a clean slate

• Great! I was actually typing out the same advice as I received a notification that you'd replied again... :)

• Glad that fixed it! I wonder what the issue was? If you find a way to reproduce it reliably please let us know - maybe something didn't get uninstalled properly...

• Had the same issue when I switched to the Android Integration App and did a factory reset to install from scratch to fix it.

• I've just tried simply installing Gadgetbridge then deleting it and installing Android, and that works - so maybe it's something more subtle

• in Android app store I cannot find "Android Integration App". What is exact name?

• @Mark_M Android integration is a Bangle app, it's in the app loader.

• Just in case that someone has not clear the process.
    Nothing from Play store is needed, Gadgetbridge is at the f-droid opensource store/repository.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/nodomain­.freeyourgadget.gadgetbridge/

On the watch you need following recent apps:

• Android Integration
    And previous apps replace the following ¿deprecated? apps:

• Gadgetbridge
    • Notifications (default) OR Fullscreen Notifications
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code