You are reading a single comment by @myownself and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @HughB Thanks for the explanation, it confirms my understanding and adds a couple of details I missed.

Your spreadsheet of step speeds is at http://forum.espruino.com/comments/16122­158/ - I have just realised that the range I was looking for is slightly extended (allows for faster running), so when I get back to this I am going to pay more attention to the effect of that. My own running pace, which I didn't think was that fast, falls outside of your highlighted range.

• Its a bit of a compromise with running and a question of how far you go. If you go less that 300ms for a step then its possble that a rythmic vibration will look like you are stepping.

For running I think we should rely on the RUN app / GPS for accuracy. I am about to checkin a fix for the RUN app that corrects the distance calculation from the GPS.

I think if we improve the more common 'walking' and non walking cases first we can then explore the limits (eg moderate to faster running) and see how it performs.

• I'd really like to find time to properly write this up and but I've already spent a huge amount of time on it already and kind of need to pull back a bit.

About

Avatar for myownself @myownself started