Bangle.JS2 gets disconnected after media bluetooth

Posted on
  • Hey All,
    My Bangle disconnects from GadgetBridge when I get into my car and my headunit connects. Is there something we could do to have the bangle attempt to pair with like an algorythm or something? Like, when lost, attempt to reconnect in 1 second, then 5 seconds, then 15 seconds, then 30, 1min, 5min, 15min, 30min, 1h, 5h, 15h, 30h?

I hate having to reconnect it. I didn't have this problem with my pebble watch so it's something that's kicking it off.

• You mean the headunit connects to your phone, and then that drops the Bangle.js connection? Is this Android Auto?

Could it be that Android is set up to 'powersave' Gadgetbridge? That's often the default and you have to disable it in Android settings. In that case Android would shut Gadgetbridge down when it guesses (badly) that it may not be needed, and about the only way to get it to connect again is to run it again manually.

The connection happens from the phone to the watch, so the watch isn't really involved in the decision about when the phone connects to it

• Hey @Gordon,
    My headunit and a bluetooth headphone adapter both do this, they're just normal bluetooth audio devices. My bangle isn't on media or anything other then the standard bluetooth setting. I have made sure that Gadgetbridge isn't sleeping or anything, it's specifically when I get auto-connected. I then notice that I'm not getting notifications on the phone and it's disconnected.
    This idea of a keep alive might be worthwhile when your app is done though, perhaps.
    I wonder if it's related to the media notifications. I'm willing to test if we have a way to do so.

• Hey @Gordon,
    I think this is actually my phones fault. I received an update and it's more stable now. I think we can call this one resolved.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.JS2 gets disconnected after media bluetooth

Posted by Avatar for andiohn @andiohn

Actions