You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ok, thanks! I still wonder about disabling GPS though
    I mean, you'd have to be running for ~8 hours before it flattened the battery?

There are quite a few other factors at play (I think).

• I got 6 hours from 100% to flat when I tested with GPS on
    • In practice I dont want to have to charge up everyday - I ideally only want to charge it every 2 weeks or once a week at most.
    • When I do run I usually run known distances and routes so the elapsed time element and keeping a record of those activities is just as important. So there will be plenty of runs where GPS is not needed.
    • I was on about 60% battery on Friday night. Saturday I tested for 15mins, then 80 mins on Sunday and 15mins on Monday. Last night around 8pm it was at 30%, 20 mins later it was on 4% and it was time to rush upstairs and charge it. You could be working away on 60% (not have the charger), not want to waste the charge but still want to time / record the run. Once we have figured out a low power option for the GPS on Bangle 2 - this will be less critical but for now at least I think its a valid option to be able to turn the GPS off.

About